Updated: Mar 24
Being quarantined can be stressful but keeping some sense of normalcy is important for your physical and mental health.
Here are some tips to help you stay on track and healthy during the quarantine:
1. Maintain a routine. If you’re anything like me, you’re a creature of habit. If my normal routine is off, I feel off. So, try to keep your routine as much as possible. Get up, get dressed and try to keep doing what you've always done (except leaving house) lol. It will really help with your physical and mental health.
2. Stick to a meal schedule. Home cooked meals are always the best choice. Continue to plan and prep your healthy meals to avoid snacking and overeating. If you are snacking, make sure your portions are controlled.
3. Stay physically active. With gyms closing due to COVID-19, it may have inconvenienced you but don’t let that stop your active lifestyle. You don't have to have fancy equipment to stay active. Dust off those old DVDs, jump rope, jog, or go for A walk. Just keep moving. Check out our Instagram for workout ideas. Exercise is therapeutic and will help with your stress levels during this difficult time.
4. Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to avoid snacking. Often times, dehydration is mistaken for hunger. Shoot for at least half your body weight in ounces.
5. Keep a clean home environment. We are spending a lot time at home so it’s important to keep your home clean and safe to remain healthy. Disinfect your door knobs/ light switch and wash your hands often.
Remember we have to practice social distancing flatten the curve. We will get through this and return to our normal lives soon. Do your part and stay safe guys!!